Highlights from the BNI Focus Warrington chapter meeting at the Hallmark Hotel this morning included:
- An excellent education section (ed slot) from Sam Bridger of Bridger Consultancy who spoke about the importance and benefits of listening. Something that most of us take for granted and don’t do properly. It was fascinating to understand the four levels of listening, how we can improve and how much we could learn and benefit from doing so.
- Last week’s winner of the BNI Focus coveted 60 second trophy was Tim Jordan of FDR Law, not only does that mean he had extra 30 seconds added to his 1 minute presentation but he had the job of randomly selecting members to deliver their weekly infomercial and to choose the winner for this week – James Brooksbank of ConstructSys.
- As it is the first meeting of the new month, then the Notable Networker of the month was announced. Hayley Hilton of Helping Hands was handed the crown – and very well deserved. Hayley has been a whirlwind or dynamo as she was described today and has a new member to the chapter has embraced the BNI philosophy and has been extremely active in having 1-2-1’s, visiting other chapters and passing referrals.
- We had two new visitors to the chapter, both very welcome!
- BNI Director Consultant Mark Jones joined the meeting today as our guest 10-minute speaker and presented an excellent initiative to help members and the growth of our businesses and chapter
- Our statistics showed that on a rolling YTD basis we are a £1.3m chapter in terms of business passed and thanked within the room. We are incredibly proud that we have retained our status of a £1m+ chapter for 5 years.
If all this sounds interesting and you would like to be part of a vibrant, hardworking, profitable and quite frankly a fun networking group – then get in touch to arrange a visit to our chapter – firstname.lastname@example.org