The County Group have issued the following statement:
We have not left your side throughout this global pandemic and we continue to make sure you and your clients receive the very best service and cover available in the broker market, these examples provide a few COVID-19 Coronavirus covers we are covering as standard:
Any New policy purchased After 16th March 2020 will not cover cancellation for trips:
- Where you cannot travel or choose not to travel because the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (or any other equivalent government body in another country) advises against travel due to a pandemic.
- Where you cancel your trip and the reason for cancelling is not listed in the ‘what is covered’ section, including but not limited to an event you were due to travel to being cancelled, or your change in desire to travel.
- Any Existing policy purchased is unaffected and full cover remains in place including cover for COVID-19 Coronavirus for all trips booked prior to 16th March, any new trips booked from 16th March will not be covered for Cancellation where you choose not to travel or are unable to travel because of FCO (or any other equivalent government body in another country) advises against travel due to a pandemic.
- 3 Months FREE cover on Annual Multi-trip Renewals – When a policy is renewed the “Expiry date” will automatically be extended by 3 months making the policy term increase from 12 months to 15 months
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Covered as Standard
- Customer falls ill with COVID-19 (or other Pandemic illness) abroad and needs medical treatment – Covered as Standard
- Customer falls ill with COVID-19 (or other Pandemic illness) at home and cannot travel – Covered as Standard
- Customer has to self isolate (Yourself or household member) at home and cannot travel due to COVID-19 – Covered as Standard
- You have been denied boarding at the airport due to detected symptoms of COVID-19 (or other pandemic illness) – Covered as Standard
- No government restrictions are in place at time of purchasing insurance/booking holiday. You are made redundant, cannot cover the cost of your holiday and have to cancel the trip. – Covered as Standard
- Customer is due to stay with family. Family member who they are due to stay with has to self isolate due to pandemic illness. Customer wishes to cancel trip as they no longer have anywhere to stay. – Covered as Standard
- No travel restrictions exist at time of purchasing insurance/booking holiday/time of travel. During travel, travel restrictions are imposed asking people to return to their country of residence due to a Pandemic illness. – Covered as Standard
The examples provided above do not form a complete list of covers and or exclusions in relation to COVID-19 Coronavirus, please refer to the Policy Wording for more information.
If you have any specific questions related to Covid-19 cover or exclusions please contact Ryan Munnelly